IN TOUCH WELLNESS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
IN TOUCH WELLNESS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The following is a list of office policies and procedures. We encourage all clients to read through these policies before their first appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Our hours of operation are the hours during which we are willing to take massage appointments, the number of massages any therapist will do on any given day is at the therapist discretion and varies. This does not mean that we will always be in the office, we may be working outside of the office on any given day. If you arrive for your appointment, please have a seat in our waiting area and your therapist will be with you when they are ready. We reserve the right to NOT take appointments at any time. We do not employ a front desk staff, this helps keep our prices reasonable so be patient with us when trying to contact. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to get 'in touch' using our contact us page. Please include an email address and phone number you can be reached. We look forward to hearing from you!
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a scheduled appointment, please provide 24 hours advance notice or you will be charged a fee of 50% the regular price of service and/or any voucher (such as GROUPON or LIVING SOCIAL) or gift card will be forfeit and redeemed.
- If you reschedule within 48 hours of your cancellation this fee may be waived.
- If you NO CALL NO SHOW you will be charged a fee of 50% the regular price of service and/or if paying with a gift certificate, it will become forfeit, any payment used to secure this appointment becomes forfeit, and any vouchers for service (such as GROUPON OR LIVING SOCIAL) will be redeemed.
- If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours, they will be asked to pre-pay for future services.
- Snow or Storm cancellation: We will be consulting the National Weather Advisory with regards to cancelling of appointments due to weather. If it is advised that people NOT travel on the roads, we will cancel our appointments for that day. If the travel is deemed OK, it is expected you can make it to your appointment.
Missing an appointment without sufficient notice causes financial hardship for the therapist and someone else who may have been denied that appointment time. If you are running late, please contact us to let us know. You will receive the massage for the remainder of the allotted time. It is a courtesy to be timely. Please plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time. You may or may not be able to push your appointment time back depending on the client load for the day (It is not possible to run over scheduled times when other clients are waiting).
PAYMENTS AND PREPAID CREDITS
- Cash is preferred however payment may be made in the form of cash, check, or credit/debit card. If you choose to pay with cash, please use exact change.
- Payment is expected at the end of your appointment unless other arrangements have been discussed or you have prepaid for your session.
- All massages purchased at a discounted price expire 6 months after purchase unless otherwise stated. After expiration, the amount paid will remain as a credit to be used toward a regular priced massage (not allow to be used for a different discount or promotion) for 6 months. Upon 1 year after the expiration date, the client will be issued 25% off coupon for each hour of credit they have remaining.
- Any prepayment of massage may be refunded within 3 months of purchase, after 3 months you can no longer be issued payment but the amount you have paid remains as a credit until 1 year after purchase date, after which time you will be issued 25% off coupon for each hour of credit you have remaining.
- Any returned checks for insufficient funds will incur a $30 processing fee.
- All outcall massage session and chair massage events must be prepaid in full before the scheduled time. If the client needs to cancel the session, please give 24 hours notice to avoid paying the cancellation fee of 100% of the price of service. If the LMT needs to cancel, a full refund will be issued.
Prepaid packages: Occasionally, we will offer discounted packages of 3 or more massages. The discount is applied due to the purchase of 3 or more services, your package cannot be combined with itself to receive longer services, i.e. using 3 - 60 minute massages as 2 - 90 minute massages or 1 -60 minute and 1 - 120 minute session. We offer packages of 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes to meet the clients preferred massage length. If you would like to add time to a pre paid session, you will be required to pay for that extra time at the time of service.
- The massage therapist will only use those techniques within their scope of practice which they deem appropriate for your treatment.
- Certain types of massage may be inappropriate for certain medical conditions. You should inform the massage therapist of your complete medical history to the best of your knowledge. If you omit anything that leads to negative results, it is your responsibility and not that of the massage therapist.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Before the first session, clients are required to fill out a form which asks questions about medical history and lifestyle.
- Please silence your cell phone and remove all jewelry before the session, unless otherwise discussed.
- The massage therapist is happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- As a courtesy to our other clients who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing things that are heavily scented, especially those with artificial fragrances.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
-Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
- Referrals - All referrals are welcome. Get 15% off a regular priced massage for every referral you provide. Tell your friends and family today! *New referral must pay for and receive a full price massage for the referring client to receive the bonus.
- It is our goal to provide you with the best possible and most professional of services. Any feedback during or after the session is welcome.
- Requests for sexual activity will NOT be tolerated.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions, an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments, we understand this is normal and nothing to worry about. Please know that our mutual comfort and safety is our top priority. If you have any questions, please let us know.
MASSAGE IS A COMPLIMENTARY THERAPY NOT MEANT TO DIAGNOSE, REPLACE OR CLAIM TO CURE ANY CONDITIONS. EVERY SERVICE OFFERED IN THIS OFFICE IS A COMPLEMENTARY PRACTICE AND NOT MEANT TO REPLACE MEDICAL TREATMENT OF ANY CONDITIONS.