Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
The following is a list of office policies and procedures. We encourage all clients to read through these policies before their first appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Our hours of operation are the hours during which we are willing to take massage appointments, the amount of massages any therapist will do on any given day is at the therapist discretion and varies. This does not mean that we will always be in the office, we may be working outside of the office on any given day. If you arrive for your appointment and the doors are locked, we may be out to lunch or running late, please be patient. We reserve the right to NOT take appointments at any time. We do not have a front desk staff, this helps keep our prices low so be patient with us when trying to contact. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to get in touch using the form to the left. Please include an email address and phone number you can be reached. We look forward to hearing from you!
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a scheduled appointment, please provide 24 hours advance notice or you will be charged a fee and/or any voucher (such as GROUPON or LIVING SOCIAL) or gift card will be forfeit and redeemed.
- If you NO CALL NO SHOW you will be charged a fee and/or if paying with a gift certificate, it will become forfeit, any payment used to secure this appointment becomes forfeit, and any vouchers for service (such as GROUPON OR LIVING SOCIAL) will be redeemed.
- If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours, they may be asked to pre-pay for future services.
- Snow or Storm cancellation: if OPS has been cancelled there will be no charge for a missed appointment on a snow day. We reserve the right to cancel our appointments at that time as well. If school is in session it is expected you can make it to your appointment.
Missing an appointment without sufficient notice causes financial hardship for the therapist and someone else who may have been denied that appointment time. If you are running late, please contact us to let us know. You will receive the massage for the remainder of allotted time. It is a courtesy to be timely. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time. You may or may not be able to push your appointment time back depending on the client load for the day (It is not possible to run over scheduled times when other clients are waiting).
We ask that you please reschedule or cancel at least 24 hours before the beginning of your appointment or you will be charged a cancellation fee of $25.00.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, check, or credit/debit card. If you choose to pay with cash, please use exact change.
- Payment is expected at the end of your appointment unless we have discussed other arrangements.
- Any returned checks for insufficient funds will incur a $30 processing fee.
- Any prepayment of massage maybe be refunded within 3 months of purchase, after 3 months you can no longer be issued payment but the amount you have paid remains as a credit.
- The massage therapist will only use those techniques within their scope of practice which they deem appropriate for your treatment.
- Certain types of massage may be inappropriate for certain medical conditions. You should inform the massage therapist of your complete medical history to the best of your knowledge. If you omit anything that leads to negative results, it is your responsibility and not that of the massage therapist.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
DURING YOUR VISIT
- Before the first session, clients are required to fill out a form which asks questions about medical history and lifestyle.
- Please silence your cell phone during the session, unless otherwise discussed.
- The massage therapist is happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- As a courtesy to our other clients who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing things that are heavily scented, especially those with artificial fragrances.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
-Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will NOT be tolerated.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
- Referrals - All referrals are welcome. Get FREE* 30 minute massage for every referral you provide (up to 2 hours). Tell your friends and family today! *New referral must pay for and receive a massage to receive bonus.
- It is our goal to provide you with the best possible and most professional of services. Any feedback during or after the session is welcome.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.